Join the Solarbration
See how much solar can save you.
Maximize Going Solar Savings.
Level 1 (trickle) charging typically takes 15 hours to fully charge an EV. That means that owners may need to charge during peak usage times or feel compelled to ‘top off’ using public charging stations to avoid range anxiety — expensive alternatives! But what if you could get a Level 2 or 3 charger installed at no charge when we install solar for your home?
EVX Solar LevelUp Rebate Program
When you go solar* with EVX Solar you can get a Level 2 Charger, installed at no cost through our rebate program. You’ll begin to save immediately on your electricity bills and you’ll save time, money and gain peace of mind driving your EV. You’ll receive a $1,200 Rebate when your solar and charger installation is complete! Save more into the future! Get Started
*Offer valid for Arizona homeowners who install a system of 7.5 kW or greater. Offer applies to Level 2 chargers including Clipper Creek HCS-40, 32 Amp, EVSE, 240V, ChargePoint Home Flex EV Charger, JuiceBox 40 Smart Charging Station, or Wall Box Pulsar Plus 48 Amp Ultra Compact. Contract must be signed by 4/30/22 to qualify.
What are the differences between the charges?
Level 1 Chargers
These typically come with your car and are able to be used with your home electric outlets.
- Easily adaptable, use with a standard 110 outlet
- Easy to transport to allow remote charging
- Typical charging time for full charge is 15 hours
- Most basic charge system with no interface
- No ability to select charge cycle to avoid top peak usage
Level 2 Chargers
The charging time is reduced by more than 60% and allows owners to charge at public chargers speed without the cost.
- Quality chargers will fully charge an EV in 3 – 4 hours.
- Plug in models can share an outlet with a range or dryer
- May be purchased as a mobile unit for remote charging
- Most have mobile apps to monitor or configuration charging
- Ownership yields lower cost of charging versus public charging station
- Peace of mind allowing EV owners to maintain full capacity for the most range
- Require a 240v electrical outlet or hardwired, plus a dual-pole dedicated breaker
- Expense for installation – Licensed electrician needed to install new outlet or hardwiring
- If demand charges are in place, the higher current draw may mean higher energy costs
Level 3 Chargers
The cream of the crop! These are the leading edge of the charging technology.
- The fastest charge times available. Approximately 80% of range achieved in 40 minutes
- Can be integrated into a home solar array to allow true carbon-free fuel for the EV
- Bi-directional energy flow – allows direct DC connection between EV battery and the home in case of power outage. Your EV helps keeps your home powered!
- Highest degree of integration to the grid for both the user and the energy provider
- Very new technology — early adopter status for buyers
- Currently AJH (City regulation) is unfamiliar – delays installers plan approvals. (This will improve as technology matures)